Participate in Disabilities Partnership TV (DPTV)!
Upcoming episodes of DPTV will illuminate various disability-related topics in the US and Russia. If you would like to take part in this international project and help shine the light on an important social topic, come join the team of Russian and American anchors and reporters!
To become a part of DPTV, submit an application and send us your footage. We will include the best and most topical footage in full in upcoming DPTV episodes. Though we cannot include all your submissions in DPTV episodes, we will make an effort to share all submissions with our international audience.
You can submit footage on the following themes:
- Working with a Purpose
Tell us about organizations in your city, that work with and support people with disabilities. You can tell us about people that push for inclusion and visibility. Describe their projects, show us their successes, and introduce us to their supporters and co-workers.
- Creativity Knows No Limits
Finding creative outlets in a diverse range of mediums, people with disabilities find self-expression in dance, theater, vocal performance, cinema, painting, and many other creative pursuits. Introduce us to artists with disabilities, or organizations that encourage artistic self-expression and make the arts accessible.
- Special Olympics
DPTV team will prepare a special episode for the 50th anniversary of Special Olympics, the international organization that organizes competitive sporting events for people with intellectual disabilities. You can help make this special episode happen! Do you know any athletes who have participated in the Special Olympic games? Are you acquainted with any participants, volunteers, or organizers of the Special Olympics? Are there any aspiring athletes in your city, that are training for the Special Olympics? Tell us their stories!
- Limitless success
The stories of succeeding in the face of great odds are always inspiring. Tell us about a person who has succeeded in achieving their goals and dreams while showing strength, resilience, passion, and dedication. We look forward to receiving your footage!
Rules for submitting footage to DPTV Season 2
1. US and Russian teams consisting of 9th- and 10th-graders that are affiliated with a school or private television studio may submit footage.
*Please note: a team may only submit footage to either the second season of YTVB or to the first season of DPTV. If a team has already submitted to one of the projects, the second submission will not be considered.
2. Whatever footage you submit must follow the creative content and copyright guidelines outlined here.
3. Every team must be prepared to submit a transcript of the video to SEE.
4. By submitting footage, you give SEE permission to your video for SEE-related matters.
5. There is no limit to the number of episodes that a team can participate in. However, a team may only submit one video per episode. We will not accept multiple videos for one episode.
6. Video submissions may not be longer than 3 minutes.
7. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to send your materials before November 3, 2017 in order to be considered for the full range of episodes.
Please note that if you are submitting footage for the special episode “charitable deeds during the holidays,” please submit by March 1, 2018 to be considered.
Instructions for submitting videos:
Step 1. Upload your video to YouTube. In the video’s settings, ensure that the video is “unlisted,” then create a link to the video and paste it into the application form available below. More information about uploading to YouTube can be found here.
Step 2. Fill out the application form available here.
We look forward to receiving your video submissions!
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while filling out the forms, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org