Participate in Youth TV Bridge
Upcoming episodes of YTVB will illuminate various youth-oriented topics in the US and Russia. If you would like to take part in this international project and help shine light on an important social topic, come join the team of Russian and American anchors and reporters!
To become a part of YTVB, simply send us your video on one of the four topics below by November 15, 2018 to be considred for a full range of episodes!
Topic #1: Exploring Towns and Cultures in Russia and the US
As much as states like to say their country is one culture, the truth is that every country is a mosaic of different ethnic groups, cultures, and localized cultures. Tell us about your local community’s unique outlook on culture as we explore the rich diversity of the United States and the Russian Federation.
Videos on this topic will be featured in our second episode this season, entitled “Exploring Towns and Cultures in Russia and the US.”
Topic #2: School Life in Russia and the US
School is where the next generation of workers, artists, leaders and thinkers are made, where we learn about our countries’ pasts, their present and learn how to forge their futures. Show us how your schools work, what they do to teach you and connect you to your community and your country.
Videos on this topic will be featured in our third episode this season, entitled “School Life in Russia and the US.”
Topic #3: “Mad About Science”: Students Interested in STEM, Computers, Robotics
In this globalizing age, technology (regardless of field) will play an ever-growing role of importance to the global commons. Show us how you and your fellow students interact with and learn about technology in STEM, IT, and robotics…Beam us up!
Videos on this topic will be featured in our fourth episode this season, entitled “Mad About Science”: Students Interested in STEM, Computers, Robotics.”
Topic #4: Youth Media in Russia and the US & Season Finale
Our societies, thanks to apps and websites like Facebook, VKontakte, Twitter, etc., are growing increasingly connected and public. Send us a video showing how you use new media to positively connect and influence your communities!
Videos on this topic will be featured in our fifth episode this season, entitled “Youth Media in Russia and the US & YTVB Season Finale.”
Instructions for Submitting Videos
Step 1. Upload your video to YouTube. In the video’s settings, ensure that the video is set to “Unlisted,” then create a link to the video and paste it into the submission form available below. More information about uploading to YouTube can be found here.
Step 2. Fill out this online submission form.
We will make an effort to share all submitted videos with our international audience!
Every Featured Video Will Receive a Certificate of Appreciation from Student Television Network and Eurasia Foundation.
Rules for Submitting Videos to YTVB Season 3
1. US teams consisting of students grades 9-12 and Russian teams consisting of students grades 8-11 that are affiliated with a school or private television studio may submit their original videos.
2. Your video must address one of the four topics listed above.
3. Preference will be given to videos that do not exceed 90 seconds.
4. All videos must follow the outlined creative content and copyright guidelines.
5. All videos submitted to YTVB must contain the following spoken sign-off or closing: Reporting for YTVB in “your town name”, I’m “your name”.
6. Videos should not contain any spoken sign-offs or intros that refer to your school or studio.
7. Every team must be prepared to submit a transcript of the video to Eurasia Foundation (EF).
8. By submitting videos, you give EF permission to use your content for promotional matters.
9. There is no limit to the number of episodes that a team can participate in. However, a team may only submit one video per episode. We will not feature multiple videos from the same team in one episode.
10. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, but we encourage you to send your videos before November 15, 2018 to be considered for a full range of episodes!
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties while filling out forms, please contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to receiving your videos!